Root Canal Treatment at Langley: Can Save Your Tooth From Extraction
Root canal treatment is a procedure that’s performed to save a tooth that has been significantly damaged by decay, infection, or injury. At Forest Hills Dental Centre in Langley, we know that this procedure is vital to not only removing the infected or damaged tissue from the inside of the tooth, but to preserving our patient’s smiles!
How Do I Know If I Need An Endodontic Treatment?
Some of the most common symptoms that may indicate you need an Endodontic treatment include:
- Severe toothache pain that does not go away
- Sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures
- Discolouration of the tooth
- Swelling in the gums around the tooth
- Tenderness in the gums around the tooth.
If you experience any of these symptoms, it’s important to see us as soon as possible. We’ll thoroughly assess your mouth and determine if you need a root canal treatment.
How Long Does A Root Canal Treatment Take And Is It Painful?
A root canal treatment is usually completed in one or two visits. The procedure itself usually takes about an hour to complete. You may experience some discomfort during the procedure, but we’ll numb the area so you should only feel pressure. After the procedure, you may have some soreness for a few days, but this can be relieved with over-the-counter pain medication.
What Are The Benefits Of Root Canal Treatment?
There are many benefits, including:
- Preventing tooth loss: Root canal treatment can save a tooth that would otherwise need to be extracted.
- Halt the spread of decay: By removing the infected tissue from the inside of the tooth, root canal treatment can stop the decay from spreading to nearby teeth.
- Boosting oral health: A healthy smile starts with healthy teeth. Root canal treatment can help you keep your natural teeth and maintain good oral health.
- Improving your smile: Root canal treatment can improve the appearance of your smile by saving a tooth that would otherwise need to be extracted.
Root canal treatment is an essential step for dental health when the pulp inside your tooth becomes infected. If you think you may need root canal treatment in Langley, Contact Forest Hills Dental Centre. We will help you smile with confidence again! Call 604-373-1468.
Contact Forest Hills Dental Centre About Root Canal Treatment Today
- Eradicate tooth pain & remove infection
- Avoid the need to remove your diseased tooth
- Prevent the spread of infection to nearby teeth
- Experience a treatment that’s safe, routine, & effective
- Prioritize your smile!